Pick one you like!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

a call

(I happen to study in the city near to the most active volcano in the world: Merapi. At the moment, my 2nd year, which is 2010, the volcano has been on critical status, yes, about to throw its content up. Well, I, who happen to be interested in photography recently, captured the pic of the erupting volcano one day, and post it to twitpic.com. After that, a lady from CNN asked me to upload that pic and the story to CNN's web. Since then, I've been reporting the most recent news about merapi.)

tonight, my phone rang.

me : Hello?
a guy : Hi, is this Prasakti?
me : uh, yes?
a guy : Hi! this is David from CNN. i would like to ask you some questions
about Merapi that you've just posted in our website
me : OK
David: bla-bla-bla...
*confidential conversation*
me : blah..
David: ok so, how old are you?
me : um, nineteen
David: so you're a student then? what do you study?
me : communication study
David: what, is it like journalism or something?
me : oh yeah, it's about media and journalism.
David : wow, great. actually this is the first time i've ever spoken to a student,
and from Indonesia.
me : yeah? thanks!
David : well, i appreciate your kindness to share with us, good luck for your
study and becareful
me : ok sure
David : thank you, bye
me : thank you

^^

No comments: