Pick one you like!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

be careful what you wish for, 'cause you just might get it all


do you know something that gives us power to stay alive? to live our life day by day even if it's rough, messy, random, and unpredictable? it is dream, it is hope. well, at least it is in my case.
i don't know exactly how my parents raised me, but when i was young, i always liked to have imaginations. sometimes stupid, impossible, silly, or even overrated. now that i've grown up, i still like imagining, or daydreaming, but a little more realistic and possible ones, and i don't just dream about the dreams themselves, but also about my plans, my journey to reach them.

and that's what keeping me alive, giving me power to keep doing what i do, to keep waiting until the sun sets at the dusk and rises again at the dawn. injecting me with confidence everytime i try a chance out.

these dreams i pursue,well, each of them leads me to the biggest one.

oh, in case i haven't mentioned it, which i actually haven't, my biggest dream is stepping to every borders gate around the world. long story short, i want to explore every continent on planet earth. well, because i wasn't born to a royal family who rule a country or to a diplomat parent or to a worldwide businessman or a rockstar or because i wasn't born in a rich and superpower country, i have to make my own way to do that. i'm never sick of searching opportunities, trying out. i failed couple times, but i didn't stop there, i keep trying.

so far, i've been to 12 cities in 6 countries in 3 continents, not without difficulties though.

so now, at this point, i realize that dreams do come true, with several conditions:
1. if you believe
2. if you keep believing
3. if you never stop believing
because once you've believed, you always put it on your mind, it's planted down your deepest mind. so whatever you do, it leads you to it.

therefore, you've got to be careful of what you ever wish for. i was not careful once, so this all (is) happen(ing) to me:

when i was 16, i won my first scholarship abroad. i had a short course in Perth, Australia to study English. i was so excited, i was overwhelmed, back then, i said to myself that i would go back there again.

...and now, here i am. typing a posting in a warm bedroom on one of the driest inhabitant in the world, a country which is a franchise of The Great Britain, home of livestock farmers, charming surfers, and the aboriginals: Australia. i came back in almost 4 years after since, and again, not without difficulties

i'm not saying that this is a bad thing. this is a fantastic thing instead. i'm just saying that the power of dream is so strong, and sometimes unpredictable. so if you want to dream, dream big or don't dream at all ;)

No comments: